Friday, March 14, 2014

Life Lessons from A Decade of Pain

April 10th marks the 10 year anniversary of the fall that triggered my battle with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy/CRPS.  I am tearfully sharing this video I made of a few of my life lessons because truthfully these thoughts did not come lightly. These were the hardest ten years of my life and I hope they are behind me. I am happy to report my pain is manageable right now, for the first time in a decade.

My heart for those of you living in a physical or emotional struggle is this... 
Observe.
Take a look around your life. Notice the people journeying around you in your physical universe! 
Get interested in who they are. 
Listen to the people in the elevator.
Engage other people in their stories about ask how they made it through hardships. 
Ask detailed questions and wait for it. Witness it.
(Unless its time for your appointment. Waiting rooms are great for this!)
Their responses may knock your socks off (if you can wear socks...)
It might be the word you need to get through the current season.  I don't believe in accidents, that's a core belief for me. I look around and always check in my spirit to see if what's being said is for me, or maybe not. This way of navigating has produced some amazing experiences for me.  Try it out? 
Share your life lessons. And let me know if any of these in the video resonate with you.


2 comments:

  1. It saddens me that you have had to battle with this for 10 years. On a positive note, I couldn't ask for a better friend to go though it with! Love you so much! <3
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never give up, Rebecca. You are the sweetest, kindest person and I wish you didn't have to be in pain right now. xo

      Delete